Google Maps should have a way to block businesses

Android Auto in Volkswagen ID.4 Google Maps Navigation
Credit: C. Scott Brown / Android Authority
Opinion post by
C. Scott Brown

I use Google Maps nearly every day. I use it for directions, obviously, but I also use it the way most people use Yelp — for restaurant suggestions. I’ll also fire up the Maps app if I need train schedules, to find the nearest restroom at an airport, or to discover what an area’s places of interest might be. It is, without a doubt, one of my most-used apps.

However, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. In fact, there’s a huge problem with the app that drives me insane: the lack of an ability to block businesses from search results. This would seem like a fundamental feature, but Google just won’t deliver it.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/9zU8pmL
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 investors discuss why AI is more than just a buzzword in biotech

Voiceflow, a Canada-based SaaS platform that lets companies launch their own voice and chat bots, raises $20M Series A led by Felicis Ventures (Igor Bosilkovski/Forbes)

Ex-staffers say Twitter's mass firing of security staff and growing reliance on automation will help China and other authoritarian regimes in silencing critics (Adam Rawnsley/Rolling Stone)