Microsoft is paying me to use Bing and it ain’t half-bad

microsoft bing in edge
Credit: Calvin Wankhede / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Calvin Wankhede

While setting up a fresh copy of Windows 11 a few months ago, I neglected to install Google Chrome and got straight to installing other programs. Naturally, this meant using Microsoft defaults — the Edge web browser and Bing search engine. The last time I tried either of them, Internet Explorer was still alive and everyone hated Bing. But even though the latter hasn’t changed after all this time, I was surprised to find that Bing didn’t get in my way like I thought it would.

Still, I didn’t intend to stay loyal to Microsoft’s defaults; it was simply a temporary situation while I set up the rest of the computer. But that urgency to switch back to Chrome quickly left my mind when I stumbled upon Microsoft Rewards. The pitch is simple: keep using Bing every day and Microsoft will pay you real money for the trouble. So is it worth it? I switched to Bing full-time late last year to find out. And as I’ll explain in this article, the results are interesting, even if you set aside the financial incentive.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/q6aQXnR
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 investors discuss why AI is more than just a buzzword in biotech

Voiceflow, a Canada-based SaaS platform that lets companies launch their own voice and chat bots, raises $20M Series A led by Felicis Ventures (Igor Bosilkovski/Forbes)

Ex-staffers say Twitter's mass firing of security staff and growing reliance on automation will help China and other authoritarian regimes in silencing critics (Adam Rawnsley/Rolling Stone)