Change my mind: Apple has the best smart home platform (at least for now)

The HomePod 2nd gen in a living room
Credit: Roger Fingas / Android Authority
Opinion post by
Roger Fingas

When my family and I moved into a new home last year, I took it as an opportunity to steer us towards a primary smart home platform. Yes, as Android Authority‘s resident smart home guru, I need to have gear to test all the major ecosystems — it’s just that life is easier if there’s one you can count on for everyday tasks like turning the lights on.

Until recently, I’d been leaning towards Amazon Alexa as my platform of choice. It’s still the best-supported one out there in terms of smart speakers, accessories, and music services. And top of that, it doesn’t play favorites between Android or iOS. Even Google Home naturally favors Android, though it is perfectly usable with iOS.



from Android Authority https://ift.tt/qrfinb0
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 investors discuss why AI is more than just a buzzword in biotech

Voiceflow, a Canada-based SaaS platform that lets companies launch their own voice and chat bots, raises $20M Series A led by Felicis Ventures (Igor Bosilkovski/Forbes)

Ex-staffers say Twitter's mass firing of security staff and growing reliance on automation will help China and other authoritarian regimes in silencing critics (Adam Rawnsley/Rolling Stone)